Sean O'Mara (weyland_yutani@mindspring.com)
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:10:29 -0700

Char Aznable wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 19:24:04 -0500, gundam@aeug.org wrote:
>
> > Well, a couple of the kits behind him have Macross logos on the, I
> > think I see what could be an Iria figure from Zeram, and the boxes on
> > the top shelve behind him look an awful lot like some sort of robot
> > kit. I am not sure what any of this has to do with anything, but I
> > always liked these "Where's Waldo?" type games.
>
> well, for so many different kits on such a small space, it would mean that
> they really don't keep a stock of everything, maybe only things that sells
> fast. I should know, I used to have a small computer shop and I only keep
> those things that would sell fast like memory, hard disk, and casisngs. if
> there is an order for say other brands of monitors or sound cards, I could
> get them in an hour or two upon placement of the order from my suppliers or
> other shops I have an agreement with. I think that's how HLJ does their
> business. it keeps the cost down of having a big place for stock, and it
> lowers the possible losses on stocks that won't sell.

For some reason I seem to remember reading that HLJ had aquired a new
warehouse a few months ago, so I think they might keep their own stock of
models. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard something along those
lines.

Sean

--
weyland_yutani@mindspring.com

"Do nothing which is of no use." -Miyamoto Musashi "There's no kanji for cheese!" -Y.Y.