L. M. Lloyd (ubik@austin.rr.com)
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:41:38 -0500

I am not sure if you are upset by the profanity or something, but I can't
understand for the life of me why you would want someone to not tell the
list
about bad experiences with a vendor. Many of the people on this list have an
active interest in finding out where to get Gundam products, and just
because
you think HLJ is the hottest thing since sliced bread, that does not make it
sacrilegious for others to disagree.

In the past HLJ had very good service, but there is no way around the fact
that, in recent years, their service has been slipping. I have ordered
thousands of dollars of models from HLJ, pretty much since they opened their
doors, and beyond a shadow of a doubt they are not as responsive, or prompt
as
they once were. There are a lot of shops out there, and several of them are
quite concerned with customer feedback and perception of service. There is
no
reason that someone should endure delays that they find unreasonable, just
because some people are fine with waiting a month or more for currently
produced kits.

Each individual must choose for himself what price convenience has, and buy
accordingly. I know people (myself included) who are happy to pay an extra
10%
shipping charge in order to receive a kit in less than a week from Rainbow
Ten,
I know yet other people who are willing to pay more than twice the to $
conversion rate, in order to be able to walk into a store and buy the model
with no wait.