Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
11 Apr 2000 00:01:10 -0000

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:43:19 -0700 Mark Simmons <scorpio@best.com> wrote:
>Core writes,
>
>> The Wing boys aren't gay, but undoubtedly some Wing fans are.
>
> I dunno, I think the Trowa-Quatre thing has some probability to it. It
>seems like the English adaptation isn't playing down any of this subtext,
>either...
>
>-- Mark

Don't even go there Mark. Yes, in some ways it can be infered to mean they are gay, but no more than you can infer that Etoh from the Record of Lodoss War OAV was gay. The reason I say this is because he kept on staying close to Parn, and he was the last character to say anything and that word was Parn. A friend mentioned this to me, and I just can't watch the whole thing the same way any more. Personally, I don't think he is gay (at least not from the anime, don't know about the manga), but some things just seem to hint towards it.

Anyways, back to Wing, I think it is more of Quattre being so empathic and wanting to share his feelings and the feelings of others, and Trowa longing for someone his own age who he can really talk to and who knows what he is going through because he is experiencing the same thing. Frankly, it is getting tiring to hear all this talk of the Gundam pilots in Wing as being gay.

Roland (I hope that didn't sound too rambling)