Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:52:49 -0700

Marie Kelly wrote:

> Of course, now I'm debating whether or not to get
> the movies so I can really watch them and pay
> attention. There's a part of me that wonders can
> they really be so good, with so much taken out?
> I'm afraid it might be the little, yet somehow
> important to me, stuff that was cut. Is the
> characterization still in it?

I think the compilation movies are good. The TV show is better, but I
doubt that It will see the light of day in the US for a long time if
ever. I think that they provide a pretty good feeling for the characters
and story. Be sure to get the sub though, since I heard tremendous
liberties were taken with the script of the dub. (I've seen neither
since I have the Japanese release vhs tapes)

> Yes, I *really* wasn't paying attention at the
> con. And I was the VCR gal!
>
> Until 0080. I found myself really loving that
> show. Not for the giant robot battles, but for
> the characters. Unfortunately, due to a tape
> mix-up, I didn't get to see the end there, but
> rather some more 0083, which I didn't like quite
> as much.

0080 is one of my favorites as well. I think many of the characters in MS
Gundam are similar to the type seen in 0080. (IE: Sympathetic)

> I'll know what to say to people who insist the
> Japanese GW boys are gay. Now I say nothing,
> since I know nothing.)

Well, 2 of em have girl friends. ^_^ actually all of that comes from the
huge amount of Yaoi doujinshi produced by female fans of the show in
Japan.

---Brett Jensen