Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:24:42 +1200

Nightingale wrote:

> The power of SD marketing knows no bounds :)
>
> The plastic rod near the propeller seems to suggest
> this set can be fixed for table top spinning or as
> Ralph said hanging from ceiling. Too bad F/A didn't
> post a clearer instruction for our eyes :)

I think that rod might actually be a strange looking switch. The text on
the packaging only mentions hanging it from a ceiling and watching it fly
around in a circle, or just letting it hang there... Also if you did
hang it from the ceiling the rod would be the most easily reachable part.

And if you assume the rod is for table top mounting, isn't it a little
unusual to have the main part of a stand permanently attached to the
toy? : )

In either case it is one funny toy...

> Also, seems that this nu-Gundam toy was a by-product
> of those complete SD hard plastic figures (the
> "Gen-ju" series is that the name?), something like:

It's 'Gan-so'.

> http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/ASDT/yj/yj_02_cover.jpg
>
> in which the many of these toys can fire projectiles
> and the original series (made in Japan) covered
> 0079/Z/ZZ/CCA/0080 + SD Musha series, sort of a
> cash-in for SD & Musha success. The nu-Gundam spinning
> toys bears a close resemblance of Genju nu-Gundam
> toys, which are still in production today.
>
> Nightingale.

Tet