David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 19:41:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000 22:19:39 EDT, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> In a message dated 4/9/00 9:18:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> charaznable@excite.com writes:
>
> << Char Aznable is the incredible 'bad guy' in the original Gundam.... he
is
> an
> > incredibly deep character that requires many, many controversial
posts
> ^_^;;;
> > I won't start them, of course
>
> you just did! =)
>
> I don't think he's a bad guy. like what Lalah Sun says, he's pure. he
> believes in his ideals. very charismatic and has his way with women.
like
> I said before, Gundam is based on real life instances like what he right
now
> against Saddam. the rest of the world considers him to be the villain,
and
> yet the Iraquis consider him a hero. >>

Well, saying that they consider him a hero is stretching it...but a villain
is not what they consider him to be. To tell the truth, Char is a bit nutty.
He's cool as a character, but he'd still drop a colony on a bunch of people
just to prove his point. Saddam is painted this way too, but if one reviews
his actions, he's more of a conniving, ruthless, self-serving opportunist
than a psychotic maniac with ideals.

Jojo