Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 09:12:11 +1200

core@gundam.com wrote:

> Tomonaga wrote:
> > Looking through Yahoo Japan Auctions I found pics of the following
> > Tsukuda Gundam Simulation games.
>
> Impressive! Thanks Tet.
>
> Are they interested in foreign bids? Are they all stand-alone games or
> expansion packs? Have to say, bidding with only knowledge of kanji is
> flirting with disaster...

Most of them don't accept foreign bids I'm afraid. Probably more a
communication thing than not wanting to ship overseas.

I've read brief reviews of most of the games and apart from the Z era 'Gate of
Zedan' they are all stand-alone games it seems.

> They look like oldschool war games, (larger maps and many more (cardboard)
> units than Bandai's Gundam Simulation, perhaps more complicated rules and
> stats?), just like the Midway, Waterloo etc type of war games i played as
> a teen. Oldschool war games seem kind of out of fashion these days...
> Everyone is going for either Magic/Warhammer half-collectible-half-game,
> or Mekton/D&D stats-crazy RPG.

These games preceded the Bandai version and it was the popularity of these
games that enticed Bandai to release a simplified version under it's own name
albeit made by Tsukuda. Bandai's version was supposed to be the stepping stone
into the more advanced Tsukuda games.

> Sigh... Will Gundam Simulation pops on Yahoo Japan? Still think it's the
> best in ease of game play, reasonable game time (<1hr) and cool 1/550 game
> pieces.

I'm sure it will someday. I will keep a look out for it. I think the only
differences between the Bandai and the Tsukuda games are the mini MS and
slightly simplified gameplay though. It seems serious gamers didn't buy the
Bandai version and the people who did mistook it for a model kit. : )

Tet