KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@tech-base.com)
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 10:54:42 -0700

>yup! I have lots of friends here (in the Philippines) who loved Gundam
>Century. and they're turning my PC into a file server just to download the
>file because some of them have slow internet connections.

hehe...hey, if you want and can find someone to host a mirror site for
Gundam Century I'd be happy to work something out with you. There have
been a lot of complaints about slow downloads...afterall, GC's site is
being hosted by Gamespot Germany right now so there's only one server
technically catering to people's needs. When one has people from around
the world trying to download it at the same time, it doesn't help. :)

>anyway, I do love the Char's Counterattack game, although it is a virtual-on
>wannabe. I think the graphics is great and the game itself is quite okay.
>I read a review on Gamespot about the Zeta Gundam game which is basically
>the same game but with different MS and storyline (obviously =) ) and they
>gave it a low score, citing one reason is the claustrophobic feel. I
>laughed and said the reviewer knew nothing about Gundam because that's the
>reason why they have mobile suits, for close combat.

I liked CCA more so than Zeta Gundam as the latter didn't feel "right".
Though I was sorta impressed by the fact that it felt more like the mobile
suit was floating/flying around rather than the kinda linear control system
in CCA. Gamespot bashed Diablo 2 so don't always listen to them..even
though they are my host. :)

>anyway, how about a Quake TC? you'd be like inside the mobile suit and you
>can blast GMs and Zakus. I like that level in the Char's Counterattack game
>where you as Char fight through an army of GMs and Balls for about 2
>minutes. it really gives you that "Red Commet" feel of targetting one GM,
>run to it and slice it with your beam sabre, it explodes, you target the
>next, then the cycle goes over and over.

Yeah I was thinking Quake at one time. Still, there are several engines I
can pick from...I'll have to take the best one. But I don't want to make
another "Shogo" you know what I mean?

>I just hope more fans out there take your lead into doing projects like
>this. hopefully one day Bandai/Sunrise would realize that there is a big PC
>gaming market for RTS, FPS, or even simulator games and start developing for
>it. or maybe Bill Gates realizes it and buys some Bandai shares and make
>Windows-based games.

Actually Bill Gates' neck is on the line right now with the anti trust
court case. I heard the judges are reaching the final verdict and let's
just say for him, it doesn't look good. Nasdaq's stocks including MS'
stocks are plummeting like nuts and Bill Gates is biting his nails.

>well, having something like Gundam Century is one heck of a bonus for your
>portfolio. goodluck! =)

Thanks, I'll need all the help I can get. =)