Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
1 Apr 2000 13:41:49 -0000

On Sat, 01 Apr 2000 20:50:45 +0800 Winn Sevilla <winn@nsclub.net> wrote:
>Roland Thigpen wrote:
>

>If that's the case... what does the X need its "solar" panels for? Why not get the energy via the green panel, then shoot away?

Those panels are most likely "heat sinks" to provide additional surface area to radiate off excess heat. This would most likely be a severe problem in the atmosphere. Alternatively, they could also be used to capture excess energy that misses the primary collector, or additional energy focusing elements.

>Dunno, but wasn't there only ONE gundam X, and the others are kinda like X-bits if i remember correctly? The GX itself is piloted by a newtype who is now the "Freiden's" captain... and i remember he has this "cockpit phobia" that was the reason why he failed on intercepting the colonies...

I got the feeling that there were far more than just one of each type of Gundam. After all, the Gundam Xs we see in the opening sequence all looked the same (like the one Garoud pilots), whereas the GX-Bits look far different from the Gundam Xs.

But I could be wrong. As I said, I've only seen the first 12 episodes. It just passes beyond the bounds of credulity that this one group has the only one of each of these mecha that could be piloted. I can suspend disbelief for
the sake of enjoying the show, but that is pushing the edges.

>Uh, Maybe the "gundam gurus" here in this list should have technology sites about the technologies of the alternate gundam universe... im kinda sick of all the UC technology and minovsky whatever... (hey, im just commenting... don't take me off the list!)

I too would like to see this as I haven't been able to find antyhing on most of these other than some scans and of course the Mecha Domain's stuff.

Of course, I haven't looked to hard either. To me, sometimes too much explanation ruins a show.

Roland