David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:41:47 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:27:36 -0800, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> >David \"Jojo\" Wong wrote:
> >
> >> I give up, I really do. While I'm not saying that Disney is an
innocent,
> >> clean and virtuous company, I simply don't think companies make
business
> >> deals and mergers just to put out the one they are merging with out of
> >> business. I don't see the logic, long term or otherwise, in Disney
financing

> >Ha hahaaahaahaa, hahaaahaahaa, HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA!
> >
> >Mi. Cro. Soft.
> >

> >Alfred.
>
> I couldn't have made the point with a better example!

What point? The companies that get bought give up their name, yes, but they
keep doing what they were doing under Microsoft's name. This drives the ones
that were not bought by Microsoft out of business.

Bottom line: Disney made a deal with Ghibli because they wanted to make some
profit out of the growing anime market, as well as their already moneymaking
mainstream films.

Jojo