Char Aznable (charaznable@excite.com)
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:23:24 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:17:24 -0800, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> You need to look at the big picture and the long term effects. In the
> short term Disney might have lost money, but it's a drop in the bucket
when
> you compare it to the potential amount Disney could be losing if Mononoke
> makes it big here and makes future Disney animated features look lame by
> comparison, and no longer drawing the kids in for the summers.

I don't think Disney should be that threattened by Gundam because their
target audiences are differnt. Disney targets more of the family kind of
shows, something that 3 year olds and 80 year olds would both appreciate.
Gundam is more into war stories and is more into teens and 20s to 30s people
who'd like to see a good war drama at the same time be treated to wonderful
mecha action. I have seen Kiki's Deliver Service and the story is very
Disney-like so I think it would be more of a threat to Disney's business
than something like Gundam.