Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:01:46 -0800

>Several of my friends who work up here in the Disney animation studio up in
>Toronto, Canada loved Mononoke (sp?) technically very, very good animation
>with a good story to boot. My wife didn't like it though.....
>
>I far as I've heard Disney does have the rights to several anime and
>everything is on HOLD. Maybe they don't want the general public to see
>quality Anime other than the typical mass market Dragonball Z and
>pokey-monster.

You hit the nail right on the head. Disney's masterplan is to buy up the
rights of all anime that could pose a threat to their monopoly of "family"
shows, and just tuck them away and have them languish. It is no surprise
that Pricess Mononoke, the #1 animated film in Japan, was in such limited
release that you can't even find more than 3 theaters showing it in a large
market like L.A., and they spent basically pennies to promote the film.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0