Roger Harkavy (mogomra@yahoo.com)
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:53:46 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the info, everyone. For some reason I'm not
getting mail from the list, but I see my posts are on
the server after I send them. My Tallgeese kit should
be here any day, and I'm ready to attack it with my
set of Micron Pigmas.

Regarding the HCMS, the two mentioned in in the
cooljapanesetoys.com article (Johnny Ridden's Gelgoog
and Tropical Test Dom) have never been substantiated,
and other folks I know have done a lot of digging.
This is the first time I've heard of a limited chrome
Hyaku Shiki, but in all three cases I think it's
possible that people confused the HCMs with the actual
model kits.

The GM Cannon was planned as an HCM, though, and
definitely made it to the prototype stage as shown in
the Gundam Perfect Model Catalogue. There's other HCM
weirdness out there, including the separately packaged
Sling Panniers, Zakus with non-articulated hands, and
a set of add-on parts B-Club sold to turn the Hyaku
Shiki HCM into the Kai version.

I was recently given an old kids magazine that had an
ad for the HCMs on the back cover. No unproduced ones,
but prototypes of the Hizack and Valkyrie that are
very different from the finished products are shown. A
scan will show up on Toybox DX
(http://www.toyboxdx.com/) eventually.

Also, I've noticed that so far in the series we've
seen green, blue, and purple Leos (as well as that
modified desert one which I haven't seen line art of
anywhere). Do the colors signify something, or is it
just the animators' whim?

And is there a Gundam Wing site out there with a good
episode guide that tracks the cut scenes?