Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:55:43 -0500

> If Disney were to acquire the NA distribution rights (I know AnimeVillage
> does) would it be a help or a hindrance to the mass acceptance of the
Gundam
> saga into the NA culture. Now that Mononoke and Perfect Blue (I think)
have
> been released to theatres have you seen a growing of Anime in pop
culcture.

I don't see Anime Village doing that unless Buena Vista video
is just a better distribution channel than Pioneer who they use
already, or maybe Touchstone if Bandai wanted to release a
Gundam movie. Since Mononoke didn't get a whole lot of a
showing or lots of press, I certainly would look for someone
else if that were my goal.

Right now the AV deal with Cartoon Network is great, they
don't really need anything Disney can give them...

Paul