Enriquez, Eric (EEnriquez@hatch.ca)
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:05:54 -0500

> >Star Blazers is supposed to come out on DVD soon and there are rumors of
> >live action movie and a new upcoming animation series. Disney is
> supposed
> >to have the US rights now.......
> >

> Is that a good thing? I'm not sure I like the idea of Disney of having the
> rights to anything anime. Although I haven't seen Princess Mononoke (sp?)
> yet, so I don't know how they did with that.

Several of my friends who work up here in the Disney animation studio up in
Toronto, Canada loved Mononoke (sp?) technically very, very good animation
with a good story to boot. My wife didn't like it though.....

I far as I've heard Disney does have the rights to several anime and
everything is on HOLD. Maybe they don't want the general public to see
quality Anime other than the typical mass market Dragonball Z and
pokey-monster.