Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
29 Mar 2000 14:55:33 -0000

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:49:51 -0500 "Enriquez, Eric" <EEnriquez@hatch.ca> wrote:
>Well I hate to admit it but at the time Star Blazers was on TV I almost
>ignored Gundam. Space Cruser Yamato series II is the one to watch. As a
>young kid watching a cartoon that could make you cry is something that I'll
>never forget. Series III is better in the looks department with the more up
>to date animation though. To this day I have more roman albums and other
>merchandise of Yamato then Gundam although Gundam is catching up FAST.

I'll have to check it out.

>I have yet to see 2526 but I hear it's not even worth a look.

Well, it wasn't the best, I'll admit that. But having learned some of the story since, I think it was an interesting twist on the theme. Kinda like some of the alternate Gundam series.

>Star Blazers is supposed to come out on DVD soon and there are rumors of a
>live action movie and a new upcoming animation series. Disney is supposed
>to have the US rights now.......

Is that a good thing? I'm not sure I like the idea of Disney of having the rights to anything anime. Although I haven't seen Princess Mononoke (sp?) yet, so I don't know how they did with that.

>Right now the CD to F91 is playing.
>Eternal Wind is my fav. with almost a daily play.

I like that one too. It was the reason I bought that ST. Same as Beyond the Time was why I bought CCA's ST.

Roland