Califf, Jennifer (jcaliff@nsai-petro.com)
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:20:31 -0600

On Saturday, March 25, 2000 7:41 PM, BlazeEagle@aol.com
[SMTP:BlazeEagle@aol.com] wrote:
<snip>

> Yes, I understand this as well, but part of what makes Gundam,
> Gundam is the
> mecha battles and its story. Gundam without mecha battles, is just a
> war
> story, that could be done without the Gundam name. Gundam without
> its story,
> would be like everyother "me too" mecha show. Gundam was ground

I'll tell you a secret. I like Gundam, and for the most part, I don't give
a damn about the mechs. For me, the only reason to watch Gundam is for the
story. And even if 0080 hadn't had a single mech in it, it would still be a
"Gundam" show if it was officially part of the series and fit into
continuity.

I think it's interesting seeing creators look at the series from a different
perspective.

Jennifer

jcaliff@nsai-petro.com http://users.ev1.net/~jcaliff/iserlohn.htm

PISCES!

"You are the true Lord of the Dance, no matter what those idiots at work
say"
        - YOUR HOROSCOPE FOR TODAY by "Weird Al" Yankovic