Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:14:20 -0800


>Edward Ju wrote:
>
>> >Gundam HG Web G-Goods magazine reported more detailed info about the Toy
>> >Show products. Here are the ones I thought might be of interest...
>> >
>> >- Very Limited edition Chogokin Kadosenshi G-3 Gundam will be released
>> >in May for 4500yen as part of the 20th Century Toy Museum event. This
>> >item will only be available from selected department stores in the Osaka
>> >area. The weathering effects on the RX-78-2 was unpopular with Japanese
>> >fans and will be omitted from the G-3.
>>
>> Does it come with a pewter figure of Sayla Mass or...?
>
>No hard facts yet but it looks pretty safe to assume that it will come with a
>figure.

The green Zaku II didn't come with a figure. You get a Dopp instead (which
is rather cool). Maybe they'll throw in a Core Fighter or Ball with the G3?

>> Do you mean that Casval's Gundam MSiA is sold only through ASCII or...?
>
>ASCII does have online shopping but there is no mention of the MSiA at
>their website
>yet. They are releasing a strategy guide for the PSX Blood of Zeon at the
>end of
>this month so my guess is that it might be only sold with the book, and
>the product
>may be available through normal retail outlets.

I see... SoftBank must be seeing red now!

>Will you ever reach a point where you say 'that's it, that's enough!' ? : )
>
>Tet

Good question! I just checked out the PG Zeta last night. Can't believe
they charged TWICE the amount of a PG Gundam kit, the box is not even 50%
larger than the PG Gundam. It's slightly taller than MG GP02A/Dom/Super
Gundam's box, and thicker than the PG Gundam's box. The outer box is not
your usual two-part (top fits over bottom) box, but a single body with opening
on the left and right sides. This carrying case houses 2 boxes inside, which
are about MG Dom-box-sized. One box has a drawing of Zeta in MS mode and the
other box shows the Waverider. 1st print edition comes with a holographic
motion card, similar to the ones that came with the 1999 Tokyo Plastic Model
and RC Fair show-exclusive MG Casval's Gundam and MG Gato's Gelgoog. In other
words, the cards appear unusually dark and must be held up against a light
source to view (quite impossible without removing it from its packaging,
because it was sealed in plastic with a cardboard behind it!). Tons of metal
screws, I guess snap-fit wasn't good enough for this massive kit.

Got the HGUC Gog kit too. Kinda strange they put this one out before a
Char's Zugock HGUC kit... Bandai hasn't been recycling molds for this
series yet, which is rather bizzare.

Eddie

New items added at least once a week! Check out my eBay auctions at:
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=-gundam-&sort=3
&since=-1&page=1&rows=0
Please note the URL exceeds 80 characters and ends with "rows=0" not "userid"

-
Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/



This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Mon Mar 27 2000 - 07:18:07 JST