BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 00:52:36 EST

In a message dated 3/26/00 12:18:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz writes:

> Not necessarily. The flashy uniforms have a deliberate purpose in these SS/
> Titans type units. They want to be highly visible, highly intimidating, and
at the
> same time looking 'cool' enough to attract people to join the unit. As in
the
> case of the SS, this is helped greatly by employing a now famous fashion
designer to design the uniforms : )

That is what I was trying to describe. The Titans want to be known and are
flashy, as well as arrogant, aren't they? I do not know what the Titans
ideals and attitude are. They did seem pretty sure of themselves when they
where introduced at the end of 0083.

> There are plenty of real elite units around the world who remain
> inconspicuous (as they should be). The best example of this is the Spetznaz
- the Russian/former Soviet Army counterpart of the US Army Special Forces.
These men wear plain medal-free uniforms of the signal corps.

I see what you mean. They do deserve nice uniforms for their skills, though.
They can use regular uniforms when the need to remain unknown or inconspicous.

Aaron