BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 22:11:18 EST

In a message dated 3/25/00 9:39:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, rsu@tigana.com
writes:

> No, the Titans are fully in control of the Earth Sphere at the beginning of
> Zeta. Basically, the cream of Earth Federation Forces have split into 2
> camps, the Earth-centric conspirator behind the event in 0083 became the
> Titans with Earth Union Government the pro-Titan regime in charge of Earth
> Federation. In response to Titans, AEUG (though the title might suggest
> that AEUG are against EFF, but they are just against the Titans) was
formed.
> It also attracts a good deal of former Zeon military personals into its
> fold.

Did Kou Urkai, from 0083, retire from MS piloting? I liked Kou a lot and am
wondering if anything else after 0083 tells about him. Has there been a
"sequal" to 0083, in any sense of the word?

> Actually, there are definite evil within the Gundam continuum. Giren Zabi
> doing his best Hitler impression during the OYW, the Titans, Angel Halo...
> There are innocents and mostly good, but evil can be found everywhere.

Yes, there sure is some evil characters in Gundam. Cima was pretty vicous and
seemed evil to me. But is Cima really evil? I know some who are evil in
Gundam, but can't remember names. The guy that tried to stop Kou from taking
the GP-03, was pretty psycho. I don't see it as stealing, since Kou wanted to
stop the colony drop, no matter he also wanted to fight Gato.

> The Titan is basically made up of EFF personnel who firmly believe the
> absolute supremacy of Earth over the colonies. Their charter mission is to
> destroy ALL anti-EFF threats, and they carried out that charter in brute
> force. In many ways, Titans are based on the WWII German SS, who are
> despised by the regular army, but are considered superior by the high
> commands.

The Titans sort of remind me of the young eliteists in OZ. Espically Alex and
Muller. Alex and Muller from Wing, had they lived, would have made good
villians with two sinister looking MS to reflect Alex and Muller's
intentions. Yes, I have heard of the WWII German SS, they where feared and
despised by friend and foe alike.

> Well, the Titan uniforms are a major improvement to EFF uniform, and
> unfortunately, this is also sort of based on our reality where the SS
> uniform are much more flashy than the regular WWII German Army uniform.

Yes unfortunately, I know. Though elite corps., good or bad do need better
uniforms to reflect their skills and to show who they are and that they are
not regular troops.

Aaron