BlazeEagle@aol.com
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 22:46:49 EST

In a message dated 3/24/00 8:37:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
goner4sure@yahoo.com writes:

> well, i guess it's a matter of taste. 0080 is a very
> small side story -- a boy gets a dose of war -- with
> very few characters -- you won't get too many mechs in
> the first place. and what he gets involved in is
> really a minor operation (zeon point of view). it
> follows that the mech battles are few and far in
> between. you don't have dozens of cannon fodder mechs
> blowing each other up for the sake of having a battle
> scene, like in practically all mecha series -- where
> is the horror of war in that?

I give up, you seem to not fully understand what I am trying to express.

> between 4 guys and a test pilot, how much battles do
> you expect?

Not much

> i still think of 0080 as a mecha show, and consider it
> exceptional *because* it doesn't go over the top with
> mecha fighting. :)
>
> as for "the story could have been told without a
> gundam", well, as some of the oldtimers say -- the
> same could be told of the other gundam series. (in
> the case of g gundam, it SHOULD have been told without
> the gundams...:P)

Then why are you watching Gundam? Its because despite what you just said, you
like mecha battles, don't you? A lot of people, like me, like Gundam because
of the story AND mecha.

Aaron