David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:58:45 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:36:24 EST, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> I liked 0080's story, but while good, it's mecha battles are somewhat
> lacking and are too short. The Kampfer didn't have a chance to show what
is
> capable of, nor did the Gundam Alex. I like 0080, but its my least
favorite
> Gundam series and am kind of disappointed in it.

Perhaps. How old are you? When I was a teen, I probably wouldn't have liked
it either. While 0080's message is anything but subtle, it's still a rather
understated atory. I think you will appreciate it more given a few years. It
doesn't throw too much robot stuff at you because if it did, they would end
up looking like hypocrites. If war is so bad, why throw too many exciting
'bot battles into the story? 0080 is about the people, and it pretty much
tells you that you shouldn't LIKE the 'bot battles.

Jojo