Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 10:24:14 +1200

Adam Ingram wrote:

> Thought this was kind of interesting.
>
> http://www.darpa.mil/baa/baa00-34.htm

I've seen simpler human-powered prototypes undergoing military testing
but that was a couple of years ago, and it obviously didn't make it into
regular military use even though it fulfilled a lot of the criteria
listed for this powered type with much simpler and cheaper design.

I don't know if these things will ever reach a level that will be useful
for general military use. Also the way things are heading with fighter
aircraft, if these things were built, they will probably make them remote
control or fully automated instead.

Tet