BlazeEagle@aol.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:36:24 EST

  I just recevied the Gundam 0080 and 0083 subbed boxed set from AnimeVillage
and I have watched all of 0080 and the first 4 episodes of 0083 and would
like to comment of them.

  I liked 0080's story, but while good, it's mecha battles are somewhat
lacking and are too short. The Kampfer didn't have a chance to show what is
capable of, nor did the Gundam Alex. I like 0080, but its my least favorite
Gundam series and am kind of disappointed in it.

  It got me thinking, I'm sure Sunrise/Bandai could come up with at least an
0081/0082 movie or short OVA. I was thinking maybe it could be about the
grunt MS(GM's, Zaku II's, etc.)? While its minor, there is a hole between
0080 and 0083 isn't there? Is there any thing that tells what happened in
0081 and 0082?

  Now, I will comment more once I watch it all, but I LOVE 0083. It has the
best mecha battles I have ever seen, I finally get to see how darn awesome MS
are! Its got an excellent story, too. Its a got a lighter tone to it, without
making war look fun.

Aaron