Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:12:29 -0800

About what ball park number are talking about of Federation Forces's man
power? I would imagine that with the amount of territory they have to
maintain peace (pretty much every where except Side 3), that the troop
strength is going to be pretty high.

Consider United State: We have about 250 millions+ in the country, and less
than 1 million in active military services. China has about 1.3 billion+
with Peoples Liberation Army standing about 3 millions. Which end of the
spectrum does Earth Federation Forces take? Discounting the cultural
preservation population, how much of Earth's 1-2 billion are of Elite
status, and how much of that + non-elite Earth inhabitant are in the EFF.

And then there are the colonies. Not counting Side 3, and with Side 6
declaring neutral (thus forcing Federation to withdraw it's garrison there),
They have about 6 billion people to draw military personels from. And since
I don't actually see any kind of dissuasion that would prevent people not of
Earth, Side 1,2,4,5 to join EFF, we could also be looking at enlistee from
lunar city-states and even disgruntal Side 3 citizens. So how many people
are there in EFF & Zeon Military just at the onset of OYW?

I know that both side suffered tremedious loss (but more so on Federation
side)in terms of military personell. I don't think Federation got to Side 3
civilian population territory until the middle of Operation Star One, so
their civilian casaulity are kind of mimialized (though emptying out a
cylander just to make Giren's pet project should cause all kind of
heartache). Federation on the other hand suffered either cylanders emptied
by poison gas or outright destroyed as collator damage from use of nukes in
space. How much of civilian casaulity are there per Side & Earth... (You
know, it had just dawn on me that there were NO report of battles on or near
Lunar colonies, who like Side 6 maintains its neutrality, so Lunar
city-states came out pretty much in tack).

[ Rodrick Su [ ]