Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 15:20:18 -0800

>On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:51:20 -0800, gundam@aeug.org wrote:
>
>> No, the Wing Zero was built before the original 5 Gundams were built.
>> The Zero System was deemed too dangerous to its pilot, so they got rid
>> of it built ZS-less Gundams instead.
>
>actually they never got to building the Wing Zero, only the design and
>blueprints. Quattre found those and got to building the Zero

Good call, it's been too long since I saw it, and being old means you lose
your memory!

>> He merely found it and became the first one to pilot it. The suits in
>> Wing are not as closely associated with their pilots, as you will see
>> that some of characters swap Gundams in the later half of the show.
>
>actually, 3 of the 5 Gundam pilots are attached to their mobile suits.
>remember at the base in Singapore where Quattre blew up the Sandrock, he was
>talking to it. same thing with Duo, he said he doesn't believe in God but
>only believes in the god of death and he calls the Deathscythe, Shinigami
>(god of death). Wufei thinks that his wife's spirit lives within the
>Shenlong Gundam (yes, Wufei is a widower at the age of 14. he is Chinese
>and in Traditional Chinese culture marriages are fixed from birth, that is
>why he is married so young.

Heh, you got those ideas from Episode Zero, right? What I meant was the
pilots in Wing didn't have this "it's mine, ALL MINE" attitude about their
suits, compared to the original Gundam - no one ever touched Char's suits,
the Gundam is like Amuro's personal property, to a point where he even took
it with him when he deserted. In Wing, people trade suits here and there
without making a big deal out of it. Heero was only upset in the beginning
when Duo salvaged his Wing from the ocean because he didn't know who Duo was
and was concerned that this would compromise his mission.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0