Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:31:37 -0800

>Hello all, when did Zeon Daikun postulate the
>Newtype theory? I have this little question for
>one simple reason, Zeon died in 0068, yet for
>more than ten years no one knew of his theory
>outside of Side 3 or so it seems since only the
>Zeons, and General Revil talked about it during
>the series. Char knew, and Salya knew, Revil
>knew because he was captured, but how many
>Federation people knew about this theory?
>
>Paul

It's been dismissed by most people because there
were no proof that NewType existed. I guess it
took the OYW to convince people that NT existed.
It's kind of like ESP, people talk about it, but
no one really buys it since they don't have
personal knowledge of its existence. A brief
exchange between Matilda and Bright during a WB
resupply session went like this:

"Have you heard of New Types, captain Bright?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I've heard about it, some kind
of super human being right?"

So even not-so-elite Fed grunts knew about it.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0