Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:29:55 -0800

Alfred Urrutia writes,

> Just placed an order for this on the weekend. I hope it's as cool as
> M.S.Era0099,

  "Best Mobile Suit" is pretty nice - it's a collection of features from
B-CLUB magazine, each comprising a two-page splash illo of a classic mobile
suit, followed by a couple of pages of model work. The back of the book also
collects some other cool columns from B-CLUB. It's not a must-have like MS
ERA, but it's a nice book to have around.

> 1) Is there a reason that all the artwork looks like art from the 0080 OVA
> series?

  The book was originally published in 1989, and created by the 0080
production staff. Hence all the 0080 references and the use of 0080 mecha
designs throughout.

  The new edition doesn't really add any new material, but the English text
is a bit more comprehensible and the reproduction of the images is
infinitely superior. It wasn't until I saw the new edition that I realized
how lousy the picture quality in the original version was.

> 2) Inside my copy of the book was a flyer for Hobby Magazine, an advert for
> some of their stuff, I assume. What is the difference between the Gundam
> Models Perfect Catalogue Ver.1.0 and Ver.2.0? Is either worth getting for
> a fan of the Gundam Weapons book series?

  They're different sorts of books. The Perfect Catalogue is just that - a
catalog of every Gundam model ever produced, most with only a photo and some
kit release info. Version 2.0 is an expanded update, and completely replaces
the previous edition.

-- Mark