Alfred Urrutia (ledzep@d2.com)
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:54:37 -0800

Edward Ju wrote:

> >Just picked up a few books, don't know if anyone covered them yet:
> >
> >Mobile Suit Memoirs
> >The Best Mobile Suit UC 0079 - UC 0153
> >207 Pages, 175 Color!
> >ISBN4-8402-1373-9
> >Y2500

Just placed an order for this on the weekend. I hope it's as cool as M.S.Era0099,
which finally came in. I just want to go on record as saying M.S.Era0099 is the
single coolest type of Gundam supplemental material I've found yet. The
illustrations ("photos") within are just what you'd find if the One Year War was
real and Time/Life or somebody similar had published a book on the events. I have
a few basic questions that I hope somebody can answer.

1) Is there a reason that all the artwork looks like art from the 0080 OVA series?
That's my favorite style, by the way, and it was a nice surprise to have a whole
artbook done that way.

2) Inside my copy of the book was a flyer for Hobby Magazine, an advert for some of
their stuff, I assume. What is the difference between the Gundam Models Perfect
Catalogue Ver.1.0 and Ver.2.0? Is either worth getting for a fan of the Gundam
Weapons book series?

3) Also in this advertisment was, right above an advertisement for M.S.Era0099,
some other book (I assume it's a book) called MS *something* -The Best Mobile
Suit-. Can anyone tell me what that is?

4) In the current issue of Hobby Japan, past the Virtual On mechs section (where
some Gundam stuff starts) there are two ads from companies or stores selling
t-shirts. One of the t-shirts is a white one with a blue AE Anaheim Electronics
silkscreened on it. Can someone tell me how to order that in the states?

Thanks in advance.

Alfred.