garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:01:21 -0800 (PST)

> Well when they all see Heero flying
> >triumphantly everyone comments about Heero, and
> Quatre says something
> >like,"Now I understand... Heero is the Soul of
> Space" or at least that's
> >what it says in the translation I have. Now I'm
> guessing Quatre is
> >probably empathic in some way and is very in tune
> with everything around
> >him. And well in the grand scheme of the Gundam
> Wing universe, Heero is
> >a very important figure, So I'm guessing Quatre is
> feeling the effects
> >that Heero's near demise is having on the
> universe/space. (I'm guessing
> >this is Gundam Wings version of newtype empathy)
>
> Exactly! The producers have always said that Quatre
> is not a "new type",
> just more perceptive than others. It's Gundam
> Wing's version of "new
> type"-ness.
>
> mirai

i'm still puzzled about "space heart".

quatre didn't get a heartburn when he destroyed a
colony in a zero-induced madness.

how about the part when heero falls out of the cockpit
with a golden glow and passes out with a vision of
relena? quatre approaches him, touches him, absorbs
the glow and understands that heero wants to go to
earth. i thought that was kinda out of place.

i missed that part about quatre saying "heero is the
soul of space". either my copy translated it
differently, or i dozed off. all i got was everyone
cheering in the end.

-garrick