mirai y (zafikel@hotmail.com)
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:07:59 EST

JMRV wrote:

>I also have a comment about the voices used on the dub. For what I >know
>the pilots are all teens (some seems quite young), but FOR ME >the voices
>used to dub them don't fit their age. It's just me or >it's the dub done
>the right way?? Any help clearing this doubt will >be appreciated.

All the boys are supposed to be 15, but a pathetically tiny, barely
adolescent 15 as far as I can tell. They're all 156cm (about 5'1 1/2") with
the exception of Trowa who is 160cm (5'3"); and weighing 41 to 46 kg (90 to
102 lbs.)

The Japanese voices were all higher pitched than the American dubs, and
Quatre was played by a woman. This may also have to do with the fact that
most Japanese men have higher pitched voices than Americans...

I've heard a lot of complaints about how 15 yr. olds can be this tiny and
physically strong.... My sons used to do competitive gymnastics and the
best boys were ALL incredibly tiny for their age. Best kid on his team who
was state and regional champion last year is about 4'3", 60 lbs and 12 yrs.
old. So, I guess if you're talking about physical agility and the ability
to do acrobatic maneuvers, the Wing boys are sized well for that. (My 13
yr. old at 5'3", 100 lbs. was a "giant" on his team and quit because he was
getting "too big")

mirai