Armand Larraga (lynxswift@earthlink.net)
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 04:14:08 -0500

BlazeEagle@aol.com wrote:

> Possible Spoiler
> .
>
> Possible Spoiler below...
> .
>
> Hope that's enough spoiler space, Now, to my question...
>
> At the end of the episode, Quatre grabs his chest where his heart is and
> leans forward in pain, its because he's having a heart attack, right? I
> understand why it happened, but am not fully sure. Why did he have a heart
> attack, was it a combination of stress, defeat, Heero's "death"?

Alright here's what I thought was interesting, I just rewatched the last
episode of Gundam Wing TV (Not Endless Waltz) and right after Heero
destroys the falling chunk of Libra headed toward Earth, and Two Mix's
Just Communication comes on signaling the end of the series, everyone is
waiting to see if heero is alive... Well when they all see Heero flying
triumphantly everyone comments about Heero, and Quatre says something
like,"Now I understand... Heero is the Soul of Space" or at least that's
what it says in the translation I have. Now I'm guessing Quatre is
probably empathic in some way and is very in tune with everything around
him. And well in the grand scheme of the Gundam Wing universe, Heero is
a very important figure, So I'm guessing Quatre is feeling the effects
that Heero's near demise is having on the universe/space. (I'm guessing
this is Gundam Wings version of newtype empathy) If we want to read into
this more, we always seem to get the impression that most of the main
characters know what the others are thinking even without direct verbal
communications.

Later, just my take on the whole thing,
Armand