BlazeEagle@aol.com
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:35:21 EST

Your ideas would make for the ultimate Gundam game! If people had the money,
it would be great. This sounds like it would work best in an arcade. I.E. Set
it up like those huge Mech Warrior cabinets at select entertainment centers.

Here's what I would like in a Gundam game:

I would be happy for just a good Gundam with a good selection of Mobile
Suits. I would like an alternate story for a Gundam game, so you could choose
any Mobile Suit from any Gundam animation. I.E. a super Gundam cross over!
RX-78 Gundam vs. Turn A Gundam would be fun! :)

Of course you could have your choice of a 3rd person view or a cockpit first
person view. Some controllable Mobile Armors would be nice. An action game
version of those SRW style Gundam cross over games is basically what I would
like.

Aaron

In a message dated 3/16/00 10:20:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SiberioS@aol.com writes:

> With Gundam W's success on Cartoon Network and the oncoming roll out
> of Gundam merchandise, I've started to think more and more about the
> possibilities of a Gundam PC game for America. The more and more I think
> about it, the better the PC looks as THE platform for Gundam games. The
> reasons why I think THE Gundam game could only be made on the PC follows.
> Note I have a blatant disregard for the HUGE amount of money that would be
> needed to play THE Gundam game on the PC at it's full potential and the
> amount of money it would take to develop such a beast.
>
> 1. Multiple Monitors: The PC has the ability (as seen in some games) to
> spread out information over a host of Monitors Imagine if you will, a
Gundam

> game that used up to 3 monitors The center monitor to display your front
> view, the left for various info (damage/ammo/overheating/etc) and the right
> for a detailed radar screen. The two info screens could also be controlled
> by
> a keyboard.
>
> 2. Throttles/Flight Sim Equipment: The PC already has a wide range of
> throttles/pedals/etc. in comparison to the non existent supply in the
> console
> world (unless you include the Twin Stick for Virtual On). Imagine having
two

> ready throttles at your sides with pedals at your feet with a keyboard in
> the
> center and, to cap it all off, an Interactor Chair letting you feel your
> Gundam suit move and pivot.
>
> 3. Multiplayer Capabilities: Now wouldn't it be cool as hell to actually
> decide the fate of the world? Already they have ton's of persistent world
> RPG's so it isn't too much of a stretch to see an actual Online Gundam
World.

> The only problem being the fact that couldn't be tied down to the actual TV
> shows story. Otherwise everybody would be wanting to play as Char or Amuro
> (or whatever the hell other characters they want to be). Not only would you
> control your mobile suit, but you'd also be able to set up your own
factions

> ala Quake clans. Imagine taking your one basic Mobile Suit and your tent
for

> a base and earning yourself one huge ass Gundam with a base the size of the
> Grand Canyon.
>
> Now that, my friends, would be THE Gundam game (more or less anyways).

Aaron