Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:18:43 -0800

>Try the Armored Core series. IMHO Armored Core captures the feel of mobile
>suit
>combat better than any actual Gundam game that I've played. (admitedly I
>haven't
>played RFTA yet)

The mecha in Armored Core games move like actual mobile suits you see in the
anime, fast and agile. The GMs you are stuck with in RFTA are pretty slow
by comparison, it's not hard to get your ass kicked by Goufs and Doms if
you get caught in one of those.

>You can build a wide variety of anime style mecha which can
>emulate the handling and appearance of many anime robots. The Mecha
>designer is
>Shouji Kawamori of Macross fame.
>
>You start out with a machine whose performance is like a OYW Zaku, but you can
>build it up significantly. If you have all three games you can build your
>Machine and pilot up to where It's like having a newtype, pilot Gundam Wing's
>Tallgeese! pretty cool. Best of all, all the games are available in the US
>(The
>third one will be soon actually).
>
>I've always bought the Japanese versions. (can't stand those year long waits)

The coolest part about Armored Core games is that you get to keep the uber
mecha you slaved to build in the last game.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0