Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:31:35 -0800

I never wholly bought the Master Asia turning into Evil act. G Gundam is
very much influenced by Chinese martial arts novels, especially that of Jin
Yong. The entire tournament to determine the fate of the world is almost
directly taken from the Jin Yong's novel "Eagle Shooting Heroes", not to
mention Master Asia's name came from a later Jin Yong's novel. The novel
that contains Master Asia also has something like Devil Gundam. An
forbidden martial arts teaching is encapsulated in a manuscript, and Master
Asia yield to the temptation of practicing it. DG technology in G Gundam is
a forbidden technology that Master Asia sought to harness to his will.

It wasn't until the round of 11 months ended, and the story moved to Hong
Kong that I was convinced of Master Asia's true character. He had a truly
megalomania (the governor of Neo Hong Kong), and probably works hard at
concealing a true purpose.

[ Rodrick Su [ ]