Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:09:46 -0800

Federico Makabenta wrote:

> OT Question. Why did Takahashi create Vifam? I have some pics here of the
> show and was stunned to see a lot of little kids running this space ship. I
> read something on the series and know these kids were orphans. Was Takahashi
> cashing in on a trend? Did he get tired of writing hard-edged stories? I'm
> curious.
>
> I'll probably scan these pics soon for those interested in seeing how the
> series looks like. You'll probably never guess it was a mecha show just from
> looking at the characters.

I've never seen Vifam, but I've got a small book, (an MJ special I think)
devoted to it. I think The mecha are pretty cool, if somewhat simple in design.
Some of the designs evoke MS Gundam. I think Okawara did the mecha designs.
(It's been a while since I looked at my "Iron Works" book.)

Wasn't Vifam remade recently?

---Brett Jensen