David \ (macross3@excite.com)
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 15:45:59 -0800 (PST)

> Hmm... I don't know about Amuro--Camille--Usso. Usso is the sweetest,
> nicest kid who rode a Gundam. He does remind me of Loran.

Hmm, you're right about that. But you have to admit, the protagonists for
almost all of the Gundam series perform similar duties, have similar fates
and lead lives that in some way or another parallel one another, even if
they have different personalities.

I don't know if any of you have read Michael Moorcock's "Eternal Champion"
series, but basically it's a fantasy detailing heroes from different worlds.
Basically, he wrote stories about them one at a time, and each "champion"
had somewhat different personalities, but similar fates, trials and enemies.
In some of the stories, he later had the champions meet up with one another
(it gets really trippy at this point). Moorcock's most popular "hero" was
named Elric, and he's almost like Camille and Amuro rolled in one.

In a way, that reminded me of the various Gundam series, and with Tomino
trying to connect them together now, even more so.

Jojo