mirai y (zafikel@hotmail.com)
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 07:17:28 EST

>From: BlazeEagle@aol.com
>

>Why is it that there's not very many new, good mecha shows in Japan right
>now? Is the mecha genre drying up? I sure hope its not.
>
>Aaron

I think it tends to go in cycles. There's a wave of certain types of shows,
then as the audience tires of it, another type of show becomes popular.
There have been years when no good mecha shows were coming out.

The mecha show that just finished running on TV Tokyo, "Saibastaa" was
horrible. Absolutely pathetic. Bad animation, storyline that got sillier
and sillier with no real climax or good ending. I kept getting it hoping it
would get better but it never did.

mirai