David \ (macross3@excite.com)
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:06:12 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:30:24 EST, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> In a message dated 3/10/00 9:14:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> goner4sure@yahoo.com writes:
>

> People seem to be caught up in this if it isn't new and innovative, its
not
> good idea. Every story has most likely been told. Its the way the stories

> told that matters. Take war for instance, that stories been told forever.

> Same goes for love, drama, etc. My point is, these stories are the same
at
> the core element, but each story teller adds their own elements to this
core
> element to make the core story their own.

I remember someone saying that all Hollywood films usually take from one of
8 Shakespeare plots. Generally, storytelling is basically taking elements
from different areas and putting them together *properly*. As everyone
knows, usually it's not so much the concept of a show that makes it
popular...it's the execution.

Jojo