mirai y (zafikel@hotmail.com)
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 22:01:19 EST

>From: Brett Jensen <heero@earthlink.net>

>Well as a long time UC fan, I'd just like to say that I really like Wing.
>Alot of UC fans like wing. When it was airing alot of Them on this list
>said it was the best gundam show since Zeta.
>
>Personally, I feel that alot of people don't like wing because it brought
>alot of new fans, and different kinds of fans into Gundam. Ditto with
>0083. Just cause you don't like them doesn't mean that you should try to
>exclude others from talking about them.

I agree. The show was designed from the very beginning to try to bring in a
different fan base (read "women") and it succeeded beautifully. For all you
UC fans who look down on female GW fans - when First Gundam was at its peak
popularity in Japan, it had the same type of female fanbase that Wing has.
There was a lot of "drooling" over characters like Char and Amuro. (Don't
forget the "Garma-sama" funeral that the women fans put on!) I will admit
that there was no yaoi back then... only "aniparo" (anime parody)

mirai