David \ (Macross3@excite.com)
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:25:35 -0800 (PST)

Still, Neon Genesis Evangelion remains my favorite anime series. Maybe
because the ADV dub's voice actors made me really feel the emotions each
character was going through at any particular moment, and I found myself
really identifying with each character.

You mean you're a bitchy, whining, pretentious, multiple-personality laden,
anti-social drinking, clone loving, self-analyzing type of person? Never met
one like that before.

But seriously, I think the problem I had with Eva was that Anno treated them
more like guinea pigs for him to dissect than for us to know. The
psycho-diving was fun the first time, but it got old after a while. Soon
Anno was rehashing the same ground over and over. In episode 16 Shinji
doesn't know what he was, and in the last episodes he still didn't know what
he was (he was a boy). Shinji should have a sex change.

Jojo