Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 06:04:30 EST

>There have been a discussion before about re-animating the original gundam
>series. I personally love the original series and can't stop buying all the
>related merchandises.

Me too... can't stop the OYW urge...

>Seeing the animations in Char's Counterattack
>playstation game, I see a strong possibility that they could bring the old
>series with today's animation standards.

Well for me it was the movies in Giren's Greed...

>I know there's a risk factor here
>because by re-animating the whole series could ruin the whole atmosphere of
>the show.

Then just do ONE episode, the first one, put
Amuro in the Gundam, and Char in his Zaku
and have Amuro destroy, the green Zakus &
everyone flee the colony, on White Base, and
make the quality equal to at least what I saw
in the game movies...

>And that consequently could destroy the strong fanbase that
>Sunrise and Bandai worked so hard to preserve.

And if everybody HATES it, you stop at one
episode.

>I mean just look at the OYW
>merchandises they pump out each year. OYW series sells big time.

Yes it does, which is why they should re-animate
it from scratch, they could even keep the same
vocal track, to keep costs down.

<Snip>
New Death Star explosion was a let down, they
should have just redone it completelty instead
of overlaying the Star Trek explosion effect over
the original explosion. I personally liked the Han
Solo running from a huge barracks of Stormtroopers.

>But I do think they could really patch
>some of the animation like we see in the third movie where they added those
>new segments of corebooster and the 2nd guncannon. I mean if it wasn't for
>the information people gave me in this mailing list, I really thought they
>belonged in the original tv series.

Yeah, me too, especially the new animation where
Char gets away... that wasn't in the series either.

Doing it my way you only risk some background
watercolor work, and 40,000 cells, roughly in 22
minutes... Surely that can't be too difficult since
many of the scenes aren't really new cells, just
panning over the background art...

Have to go to work now... earn more of that
money to buy 0079 stuff before its all gone.
Aand to the guy who doesn't see 0079 DVD
coming out, they are releasing 0079 next year
with that much effort in it, they will have to release
a DVD just to help pay for it.

Paul