Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:21:37 +0800

At 10:26 PM 3/9/00 -0800, you wrote:
>>The ending for one shares certain aspects with CCA.
>Yeah, but CCA is not The Original Series/0079.

still, it is a conversion of UC.

>>There are lots of little things; like Zechs' conversation via video with
>>Treize in
>>episode 2 about losing 3 Leos is similar in many ways to a conversation
>>Char had in
>>one of the first few episodes, about losing 3 Zakus.
>Hmm, that's a good one, but the story is about the 5 G boys being specially
>trained and sent by the colonies to wage guerilla warfare on the oppressive
>forces from earth, for me it was a far cry of a bunch of civilians being
>dragged into war, which was what 0079 was. The White Base crew eventually
>becomes one big happy family, but you don't see that happening with Wing,
>where the only thing constant was change, and Wufei has been a lone wolf
>from beginning to end, never really becoming part of the gang.

watch EW and read the novelizations. those kids were technically
civilians, until their lives got screwed big-time. as for the one big
happy family...well, reality bites. GW is not in the '70's. there has to
be some concessions made to modern sensibilities.

..silence is the language of the heart...

Richard Ramos

ICQ 12914919, 141667284 (pager), 09174024780 (cel)

if you want to see some of my work, go over to www.localvibe.com
if you like japanese cartoon robots, subscribe to mechapinoy@egroups.com