Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:16:40 +0800

>Let's give the little snot nosed brat his due. Unlike Shinji and
>Company from Evangelion, at least Camile wasn't barely over catatonia.
>Camile saw his mom killed right in front of his eyes and had to kill his
>own father-in comparsion, Shinji had it easy-Dad just hates him and
>Mom's well....wherever Mom went.

he was piloting mom and having a crush on her, respectively. Oedipus Rex
lives on!

>I'm betting we're seeing a backlash against Evangelion from people like
>Tomino-they looked at Evangelion and were horrified at what the story
>told. I'm looking at Brain Powered, and despite the fact that many of
>the characters(in just two episodes) are nuts and need to be committed,
>they're better adjusted than anyone in Evangelion. And, more
>optimistic, too. And, well, more hopeful.
>Jon

personally, after you cut through all the psychological crap of evangelion,
it is just so funny. Shinji is nothing compared to the boys of Gundam --
UC or AC.

..silence is the language of the heart...

Richard Ramos

ICQ 12914919, 141667284 (pager), 09174024780 (cel)

if you want to see some of my work, go over to www.localvibe.com
if you like japanese cartoon robots, subscribe to mechapinoy@egroups.com