Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:48:31 +0800

>>but g wing IS a rehash of old stuff, even moreso than
>>the UC followups -- TOS, to be precise. some would
>>say it's a rip-off of 0079. and that's a big reason
>>why many oldschool fans despise wing.
>Excuse me? Wing a rehash of TOS? Other than Zechs being
>a Char wanna-be, complete with a sister and an aristocratic
>family background and revenge on his agenda, what else was
>ripped from 0079? The show could be called Guerilla Psycho
>Boys and be ripping stuff from shows from other genres, but
>I don't see any other parallels to 0079. Mind pointing
>them out?
>Eddie

1) basic lead characters are of the same age. In fact, if you put all the
gboys together, you might make a gestalt that kinda comes close to what
amuro rei was.

2) the basic problem of earth vs. colonies.

3) the political double-crossing.

4) the use of feudal title names.

5) the use of european historical-style costumes.

6) having mecha around.

7) having something dropping onto the earth, be it a colony, asteroid or a
big space station.

..silence is the language of the heart...

Richard Ramos

ICQ 12914919, 141667284 (pager), 09174024780 (cel)

if you want to see some of my work, go over to www.localvibe.com
if you like japanese cartoon robots, subscribe to mechapinoy@egroups.com