Kev K (fayerocks@hotmail.com)
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 00:52:40 GMT

You could probably get most of them in VCD formats. Chinatown or any place
that sells vcd's would be a good place to look for them. The only problem is
most of them are in chinese subtitles. From what I know they'll only bring
0083 DVD english sub to North America.
As for the other series, 8th MS team have a strong possibility to be
released in sub DVD format. I don't think they'll try to bring the rest of
the series because most of the animation are dated.

It's really a shame but that's the reality from a distributors point of view
as far when profits are concerned. Those series just won't sell like in
Asia. Most of the asian fans were exposed to the old series early whereas
north americans fans are just starting to get into the anime craze. The
young generation of anime fans, most likely the north american consumers,
just won't buy into the old series. I've tried to convince my friends to
watch the old series but most of them seemed to be unimpressed with the
animation, rather they rave a lot on Gundam Wing. Unless somehow they could
get people into the old series craze like in Japan and most of the asian
countries, I don't think we'll ever see them here in North America.