Alastair Warren (awarren@microtech.com.au)
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 11:19:34 +1100

mirai y wrote:

> >From: Alastair Warren <awarren@microtech.com.au>
>
> >Jonathan Souza wrote:
>
> > > *Plottting-Yep, I do feel like I was dropped into the middle of
> > > something, without knowing much of what happened before. But, see the
> > > comment about Evangelion. How many people got into watching Evangelion
> > > on the list knowing at least some of the characters involved and how
> > > they related to each other?
> > >

> > That got on my nerves a bit to be honest. It seemed to me to be a
> >reaction to Evangelion. That was an enormous success, so we'll try
> >something similar here (If Evangelion was made after BP, ignore this )
> >

> Brain Powerd was made after Evangelion - however, the tone of the series is
> entirely different from that of Evangelion. While Eva is quite negative
> when it comes to relationship between the characters, Brain Powerd is much
> more beautifully done - and very touching. There are so many intertwining
> love stories, that it's practically "shoujo" in quality. I personally liked
> Brain Powerd much more than Eva... especially the ending. I don't want to
> give out any spoilers, but the story is about love and hope, not the
> destruction of earth as Eva was.

    The tone is totally different from Eva, I didn't mean to imply it was just a
rip off. I really just meant that like Eva, it started off in the middle of the
situation with the background needing to be revealed as the series progresses
eg what the platelets are, who the dudes from under the sea who collet them are
(sorry, can't remember what they're called ;-))

> > I've only seen the first four eps, but I would like to see more.
> >Worth
> >a look
> >
> >Have fun
> >Al
>
> Actually, the story doesn't really pick up until the 6th or 7th episode.
> Even Tomino commented that the first 4 or so episodes were poorly done, and
> he was suffering from "Post-Gundam" syndrome and couldn't really decide in
> which direction to take the story. So keep watching! It really gets better
> later on.
>
> mirai

    Problem is I live in Australia and imports cost a fortune. I'll have to
save up

Have fun
Al