KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@tech-base.com)
Sat, 04 Mar 2000 23:47:29 -0800

>Well, as long as they allow the control config to be fully customizable, it
>shouldn't be too hard to control. I hate it when you only have preset
control
>schemes to chose from. I've never used them, but can speculate that it would
>be a better set up then the DC controller would be.

There probably isn't going to be customized controls since the JP version
didn't have them as well. However, the default control scheme was perfect
anyway.

>I think its weird how some DC games use both the d-pad and thumb stick. Some
>needs to come up with a DC pad that allows you to use both directional
>controls at once, while still being able to use the controllers buttons. You
>never know, the third party controllers companies can be very ingenious and
>inventive when the need arises.

Most games don't use both the analog and d-pad at the same time. VOOT
does, but you would just use jump cancelling to gain sight of your opponent
again instead of turning with the analog stick. You can always get an
adapter to use the PSX shock controller if you want.

>I played a demo of Slave Zero on my DC and using both directional controls
at
>once was awkward and a pain. I got nailed by the enemies everytime I
switched
>directional controls. You have to use one or the other, if the controller
was
>set up so both can be used at once, I could control the game a lot better.

It's because Slave Zero sucks...

KurenaiJiku