William Horner (William_Horner@plugandburn.com)
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:33:34 -0600

choices.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@ml.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@ml.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of Alfred Urrutia
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 2:12 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] Shooting in the US by Six Year old and Gundam-W

William Horner wrote:

> Really, the bottom line is, either you belive in the right ot own and
posses
> fireams, or you dont. no amount of arguing is going to cahnge tha, as a
> rule. The constitution can say anything in the world and it wont change
that
> fact, niether should we do something, or not do something because a peice
of
> paper an a lot of peopple al long time ago said so. We should do thing
> because they are right(and conversley, shouldnt do things becasue they are
> wrong). It is a great thing that our countrys founders used privatly owned

This is the sticking point. Define right and wrong. You cannot to the
satisfaction of everyone around you. Some things are obvious, some are not.
That is why you need the piece of paper, for the ground rules, the basic
legal
thinking that "right and wrong" must be built on top of. This also lets in
lot of stupidity. Some people think it's right to teach creationism as a
viable theory. Some people think legalizing drugs will turn this country
into
a nation of crackheads. It goes on and on.

Alfred.