Alfred Urrutia (ledzep@d2.com)
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 12:11:32 -0800

William Horner wrote:

> Really, the bottom line is, either you belive in the right ot own and posses
> fireams, or you dont. no amount of arguing is going to cahnge tha, as a
> rule. The constitution can say anything in the world and it wont change that
> fact, niether should we do something, or not do something because a peice of
> paper an a lot of peopple al long time ago said so. We should do thing
> because they are right(and conversley, shouldnt do things becasue they are
> wrong). It is a great thing that our countrys founders used privatly owned

This is the sticking point. Define right and wrong. You cannot to the
satisfaction of everyone around you. Some things are obvious, some are not.
That is why you need the piece of paper, for the ground rules, the basic legal
thinking that "right and wrong" must be built on top of. This also lets in a
lot of stupidity. Some people think it's right to teach creationism as a
viable theory. Some people think legalizing drugs will turn this country into
a nation of crackheads. It goes on and on.

Alfred.